Even if you think you know everything about SEO you still need a professional SEO company for assistance. You are not right in a way if you think your knowledge in SEO is sufficient. Even if you are following every tip you know to get a good ranking for your website still there is something amiss. Optimization of the website should be at all levels and there should be regular maintenance as well. It does take a lot of effort and time which will be difficult for you to do. An expert can do wonders for your website and that is what an SEO company which is competent is there for.
Before choosing an SEO company, keep in mind about these:
1. What kind of an evaluation guide is being promised by the company? Is it extensive enough to let you analyze your website? A website audit can be performed to know this.
2. To make the content searchable relevant keywords have to be used. The tools used for searching these keywords are important too.
3. Backlinks are very important for a website but you have to be very cautious with them by not using it unnecessarily as Google may penalize you. Backlinks of high-quality matter
4. They should not overcharge. Quality is not guaranteed by quoting a high price
5. A proper timeline should be given by the SEO Company. If they say they’ll rank your website as number one in a week or so is unrealistic. At least a year or two is needed to crawl up the ranks.
6. Are they using ethical means? If they are promising you to make your website ranked one in a short time maybe they are using dubious means to do it. This is a short time gain which will eventually be caught by Google and you may be penalized or blacklisted.
7. Do they understand the meaning of quality traffic that is important for your website? Aiming only for a high traffic is not right but to bring traffic that is productive for the business.
8. Lastly, the Company should be giving some kind of guarantee. Some tangible aim like X% increase in quality traffic in Y months.